The American Board of Certification announced that Jason A. Burgess has successfully completed the requirements for national certification in Business Bankruptcy Law.
To become certified, Mr. Burgess satisfied the following requirements:
* Full time practice of law for at least five years;
* Good standing in the bars of all states in where a license to practice law is held;
* Devoted at least 30% of practice time and at least 400 hours o bankruptcy related matters in the last three years;
* Documented involvement in business bankruptcy by providing information on cases practiced;
* Demonstrated commitment to continuing legal education by earning at least 60 hours of bankruptcy education in the past three years
* Passed an extensive, day-long written examination covering business bankruptcy issues.
The American Board of Certification (ABC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the public and improving the quality of the bankruptcy bar. The rigorous ABC certification standards are designed to encourage bankruptcy practitioners to strive towards excellence and to recognize those attorneys who are experts in the bankruptcy field.
The ABC is co-sponsored by The American Bankruptcy Institute and the Commercial Law League of America. The ABC Board of Directors consists of many of the nation's finest bankruptcy and creditors' rights attorneys, former judges, and law professors.